I’ve decided to participate in a year long event, the Blind Spot Series, where I watch one film a month and write a short post about it. The idea is to view classic films that are a “blind spot,” films I have yet to see.
Here’s the list of films I intend to watch and blog about.
- Intolerance (Griffith)
- Dial M for Murder (Hitchcock)
- Au hasard Balthazar (Bresson)
- Macbeth (Welles)
- The Seventh Seal (Bergman)
- The Human Condition (Kobayashi)
- The Bad Sleep Well (Kurosawa)
- The Music Room (Ray)
- The Thin Blue Line (Morris)
- Paris, Texas (Wenders)
- Day for Night (Truffaut)
- Andrei Rublev (Tarkovsky)
Of course, this list is by no means exhaustive of all the films I hope to experience in the coming year, but I have to start with a plan. I reserve the right to revise the list, but this is a good and varied starting point.