Well, I just missed noting the 2 year anniversary of the blog on June 9. It’s been a fun experience sharing discussions of new and classic films with you all this past year.
Here’s some of my favorite things I’ve written since the last birthday celebration, in case you missed them:
- I visited the filming sites of the Coen Brothers’ True Grit and Wes Anderson’s Rushmore.
- I wrote about all of Winsor McCay’s short cartoons, which was apparently picked up on by a university animation class in Australia.
- I discussed the links between Au hasard Balthasar and Paris, Texas in an essay.
- I looked at Peter Bogdanovich’s lesser-known first film, Targets.
- I shared a very personal reflection on the meaning of Scorsese’s latest film, Silence.
- And I made my first (and so far only) appearance on a podcast, making the case for A Shot in the Dark to Lady P. and Martin Kessler of the Flixwise podcast.
Thanks to everyone who has read and commented this year. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my blog.